YELLOW HOUSE DAY PRIMARY SCHOOL



The Yellow House of the Primary Section had their House Assembly this morning at 10.00 am. Their theme for the assembly was Punctuality: Time is precious.



The lads did a terrific job with their skit and poem. Congrats to the two comperes and Daniel Josephs who gave a talk on the house patron, Rabindranath Tagore.



Elzber Dias recited one of Tagore's poems: Give Me Strength:

This is my prayer to Thee, My Lord,
Strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart.
Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.
Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.
Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knee before insolent might.
Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.
And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love.

The final song was on Punctuality and was beautifully sung by the boys. The song was composed and written by Sir Elvis the music teacher.




We congratulate the Supervisor, Mrs. Maria Xavier together with Miss Pamela Dias and Miss Mary D'Souza for the beautiful performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment