TEACHERS DAY-SECONDARY SECTION


ON the 5th September 2011 the Teachers Day Celebrations of the Secondary Section began in the morning with the class teachers and a subject teacher going to class. The students gave a short programme for the teachers and thanked them for their valuable time and energy they spend for the students. Many of the classes prepared a beautiful power-point and expressed their appreciation and gratitude.

After the programme in the classes, there was mass for the catholic students and all the other students went to the A.V. Hall for a prayer service.



The boys singing you are the wind beneath my wings

At about 10.45 am the students assembled in the School hall for the Teachers' programme. The students put in a lot of effort to get themselves organized and planned for many weeks. There were some dances and songs that were put up that expressed the care and concern of the teachers. The school Captain read an address to the teachers. It was indeed very touching and apt for the occasion. took his thoughts from the speech of Taylor Mali on 'What do Teachers make?'

WHAT DO TEACHERS MAKE: by Taylor Mali
Be honest with yourself – what do you make as a teacher?

Do you know what I make?
I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
I make a C+ feel like a congressional medal of honour and
I can make an A- feel like a slap in the face –
how dare you waste my time with anything less than your very best.

You want to know what I make?
I make kids sit through 30 minutes of study in absolute silence
No, you may not work in groups
No, you cannot ask me a question so put your hand down
Why would I let you go to the bathroom, why,
because you are bored and you don’t really have to go – do you?

I make parents tremble when I ask them to meet me because I just wanted to talk to them about what
their son said in school the other day.
I make parents see their children for what they are and who they can be.

You know what I make?
I make kids wonder
I make kids question
I make them criticize
I make them apologize and mean it
I make them read, I make them spell – definitely maybe, definitely maybe…
Until they will never misspell either one of these words again.

I make them realize that if you got this (hand on the head) then you follow this (hand on the heart)

Let no one ever try to judge you on what you make

Teachers make a great Difference to the world






_________

After the programme the teachers had a good lunch in the boarding section after which some of them went for Bodyguard to entertain themselves.

It was indeed a beautiful day and all good things come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment